Founded in 1987, Prospektiker is an independent company, which specializes on foresight and prospective - strategic studies for the public and private sector. The company's main purpose is that of exploring the possible futures, which may emerge from the present situation, parting from three basic assumptions:
- "The future is not predetermined".
- "The future is being constructed. Liberty of choice and action will not exist without a proactive attitude".
- "The future is subject to high levels of uncertainty and risk. In order to avoid limiting future choices, means and resources must be optimized, using strategic foresight as a working methodology".
- To detect the innovations, ideas and facts that may be considered portenders of the future.
- To discover strong tendencies, both current and potential, which determine the range of possible futures.
- To evaluate possible inflections, impacts whose effects penetrate every level of society and the commitments that must be made in response to these phenomena.
- To take on the role of sentry over the many economic, technological, social and cultural factors that can have an influence over long and medium term change, identifying key problems for the future, as well as examining those strategies that may be adopted to confront these problems.